Key Company Milestones
- BioMedix introduces VEINnet™ and the next generation of PADnet®
- BioMedix PADnet Surpasses One Half Million Completed Tests
- BioMedix receives U.S. Patent for collaborative care business method.
- John Romans: 2010 CA Podiatric Medical Association Corporate Citizen of the Year Award.
- Invited as participant to California PAD Task Force by Office of Gov. Schwarzenegger.
- The number of patients tested using PADnet exceeds 360,000.
- John Romans, CEO of BioMedix is awarded APMA's Executive Director's Award for his contributions in 2009.
- BioMedix earns certified partner status in Microsoft Partner Program.
- The number of patients tested using PADnet exceeds 200,000.
- BioMedix launches PADnet Disease Management System (PDMS), a collaborative care program for hospitals and health systems.
- BioMedix pilots PADnet Disease Management System (PDMS) to support collaborative care efforts in an integrated continuum of care.
- The number of patients tested using PADnet exceeds 65,000.
- BioMedix forms an exclusive partnership (REACH) with ev3, a global leader and technology provider for specialists treating a wide range of vascular diseases and disorders, to advance its mission of early detection and effective treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease (P.A.D) and Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI).
- BioMedix introduces upgrade options for PADnet for expanded in-office testing capabilities: Venous Edition (for the detection of CVI) and Post-Exercise (for enhanced detection of PAD).
- The total number of patients tested using PADnet exceeds 35,000.
- BioMedix joins 45 medical societies and associations in becoming a Corporate Member of the PAD Coalition, a non-profit group dedicated to education and advocacy in promoting the early detection and treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease. The PAD Coalition estimates that over 10 million Americans currently have PAD, and that without detection, 30% of these people will die of PAD-related heart attack or stroke within five years.
- The number of patients tested using PADnet exceeds 20,000. The 20,000th test is performed in a Family Practice medical clinic in North Carolina.
- The American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) awards the BioMedix PADnet solution its Seal of Approval. The Seal is designed to inform Podiatric physicians and consumers about quality, safety and effectiveness of medical products.
- BioMedix receives 2005 Product Leadership Award for PADnet from Frost and Sullivan, a leading independent market research firm.
- The number of patients tested using PADnet exceeds 10,000.
- BioMedix releases PADnet vascular diagnostic device to test for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). PADnet is easy to use, clinically valuable, and provides fair financial return with medically-appropriate testing. PADnet can be used by medical staff in primary and podiatric care settings and PADnet studies can be interpreted by vascular specialists via secure web links.
- BioMedix receives FDA marketing clearance for PADnet as a 510K equivalent predicate device. This breakthrough technology eliminates the need for Doppler, a technician dependent means of obtaining Ankle-Brachial Indexes (ABI). Instead, PADnet uses oscillometric means—measuring oscillations caused by the arterial pressure pulse—to determine segmental blood pressures. Combining ABI with Pulse Volume Recording (PVR) and internet tools, PADnet allows Primary Care Physicians and Podiatric Physicians to communicate remotely with vascular specialists for interpretation of test results and prescription for follow-up care.
- The Vascular Diagnostic Lab (VDL) product runs on the proven Windows XP Professional software platform—offering greater stability, networking support (for both wired and wireless networked computers) and patient record security.
- BioMedix transitions to the new ISO 9001:2000 Manufacturing Quality Standards and is recommended for certification to the new ISO Quality criteria by BSI Management Systems in its certification audit.
- Chris Evert, former tennis star, hosts a BioMedix video to raise awareness of the under-diagnosed and under-treated problem of Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Sports commentator Pat Summerall hosts a two-minute television segment on Fox Cable News profiling BioMedix. BioMedix achieves ISO Certification and CE Marking for its Portable Vascular Lab (PVL) product.
- BioMedix introduces the Vascular Diagnostic Lab (VDL), a bilateral simultaneous testing device for lower extremity arterial physiological testing. The VDL was the first physiologic test device to run on the Microsoft Windows operating system platform.
- BioMedix is established in Minnesota’ Medical Alley to create innovative user-friendly solutions to detect Peripheral Vascular Disease. The initial offerings are easy-to-use hardware and software for vascular laboratories. The BioMedix Portable Vascular Laboratory (PVL) and Vascular Report Generator (VRG) rapidly gain recognition for accuracy and usability.